If your company is active on Twitter You should know the fundamentals about the platform. Learn how to be successful in tweeting for your company.
- With its millions of users on a daily basis, Twitter can be a effective tool to increase the profile of your company as well as to engage with customers and build leads.
- Making an account on Twitter for Business profile is easy, but as a muscle requires regular use to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Knowing the best way to use Twitter for your company can help in growing your business.
- This article is for owners of businesses or their marketing and communications teams. It will look at the advantages of including Twitter into their marketing strategy.
In addition to pinned and hashtagged tweets, to tweet lists on Twitter and influencers from social media there’s plenty to Twitter. If you’ve got the right plan for marketing companies can make use of Twitter to boost sales, increase the visibility of their brand and improve customer service.
Twitter is an online social media and news platform that allows users to send short messages up to 280 characters which is known as tweets. The platform was established in 2006, Twitter has become considered to be one of the largest and most sought-after social media platforms around the world.
This is a fantastic platform that can be combined with it with your LinkedIn or Facebook campaigns. If you’re new to Twitter or are looking to get started making use of the platform to increase your business, here’s all you should learn about it.
A Twitter profile is comprised of several parts.
Your Twitter profile is comprised of six components Your Twitter handle your username, username, profile photo bio, header image, bio and a pinned tweet. All of these elements must cooperate to provide an authentic representation of your business.
- The Twitter handle you use is your Twitter handle will be your @name, which is your identifyr on Twitter. It is the name that appears that is at the bottom of your twitter URL. It is also the name that other Twitter users will be using to tag you in tweets. It can be anywhere from 15 characters, and will assist people in finding your business quickly.
- Your username, also known as your display name, is displayed just above the Twitter account on which you have created. It may be as long as 50 characters. It could be your name, company or your brand.
- Your profile picture is displayed on your profile as well as in each tweet you make therefore it should visually represent your company and your brand. A lot of brands have their logos.
- In your biography, you’re given 160 words to present your company. Include details such as your address, hours of operation and your website’s URL.
- The header image on your profile picture to highlight special promotions and events or to announce news regarding your company. In contrast to your profile photo it is recommended that this image be updated regularly.
- The pinned tweet is the first tweet that people are likely to see when they go to your page, so make it interesting and is representative of the current state of your company. Like images for your profile header, you are able to alter your pinned tweet at any time you’d like.
The most important thing to remember is that your Twitter profile is comprised of your handle display name, header image and profile picture bio, as well as the tweet you pin.
Twitter is the term used in Twitter
These terms are crucial to understand when you use Twitter for small businesses.
- @: Just like other social media sites where you can use”@,” which is similar to other social media websites, when you use the “at” symbol with a handle of the user to tag or refer to them.
- # (hashtag) # (hashtag): A hashtag which is indicated by the pound symbol can be used to search for the words or phrases that are on Twitter. Once you have clicked on the hashtag Twitter will show you tweets that use the hashtag. This allows people to follow certain topics and news.
- Block the account: If the account you blocked is on Twitter you block, they won’t be able to follow you, join your Twitter lists, or view your tweets. You won’t also get their tweets.
- Bookmarks: Like bookmarks within an internet browser in that Bookmarks in Twitter: Similar to bookmarks found on an Internet browser, Twitter Bookmarks button allows you to save tweets so that you can easily find them in the future. This is particularly useful when you’re looking to read an article or view a video that is linked to the tweet but aren’t able to find the time.
- Direct messages (DM) Direct messages (DM): You’ll frequently be told that users refer to direct message by the name of “DMs.” This feature lets you talk privately with a single user. In the event that one of your clients or customers has an query they may ask you directly via DM. There’s no limit on characters for DMs and your responses could be as specific as you like. If, however, someone doesn’t respond to messages that you follow the message, it will appear on”requests” in the “requests” folder by default which means you won’t see it until later. You can alter this by changing your settings.
- Follow: If you follow a user you’re subscribing to view the tweets from that user’s timeline.
- Followers Users on Twitter who follow you will see your tweets on their timelines.
- Like Tweets: You can like tweets by clicking on the heart symbol beneath it. You can view all of your liked tweets to your personal profile.
- Lists: You can create both private and public lists for users that you think are interesting. You don’t need to follow any user to be included in your list. For instance, you could compile lists of local media outlets, writers, competitors or influencers within your field or key customers.
- Retweet: Retweeting can be compared to sharing someone’s post via Facebook. If you are a fan of the tweet and wish your followers to see it, you can retweet it. The tweet will then show in the timelines of your followers as well as your profile.
- Timeline (or your home timeline) The timeline shows your tweets, retweets, and other tweets posted by your followers and also promoted tweets.
- Trending topics or trends The following are the most talked about hashtags and topics on Twitter. The trending topics can be found on the left-hand corner of your Twitter homepage under the “trends” box. You can alter your display of trends to display the most popular topics in your area as well as with followers you follow.
The main takeaway is that to utilize Twitter to conduct business, you must be familiar with terms such as “hashtag,” “timeline” and “trending topics” so you are able to make use of these sources for information. It is also important to know what is meant by following such things as bookmarks, likes or block DM @mention, DM, and retweet a user’s write.
Tools of Twitter
Making sure you keep your account(s) well-organized should be a top priority. Two tools from third parties that aid you with this are TweetDeck and Hootsuite.
- TweetDeck It is controlled by Twitter and is completely accessible for free and offers modern user interfaces with custom columns to arrange lists, notifications, and feeds. You can also monitor hashtags in different columns as well as schedule tweets in advance (something you cannot do via the Twitter mobile or website) and create several Twitter accounts to handle multiple users at the same time. TweetDeck is accessible through a any web browsers.
- Hootsuite allows you to manage your other social media accounts, in addition to Twitter it works in a similar way to TweetDeck which lets you schedule your tweets, control your replies, reply to tweets and messages, and generally streamline the management of your account. It’s certainly not as user-friendly or sleek as TweetDeck however, since it makes use of tabs for each account that you join. Hootsuite provides a trial version, but you can upgrade to the pro option costing $9.99 each month.
Hootsuite and Twitter themselves come with mobile apps to use on tablets or smartphones and also allow you to create several accounts.
Important takeaway: You can utilize tools such as Hootsuite or TweetDeck in order to control your Twitter accounts on central dashboards with automated capabilities.
How do you create a corporate Twitter account for your business
Twitter as well as other platforms for social media typically alter their setup processes and these steps could be modified in the near future However, in February 2021 here are the steps required to establish the Twitter account to be used for business:
- Sign up for an account. Go to the Twitter homepage then click “sign up.” Then, you’ll be asked to set up your Twitter username and Twitter handle as well as provide your company’s email address and telephone number, and provide your birth date to verify you’re in compliance with the requirements for age to use the service (your birth date is not publically accessible). Make sure you choose an account that is clear and reflects your company and you’ll be able to alter the handle later, if you need to.
- Check your Twitter account. After you have completed the first procedure, Twitter will send a verification code to the number you supplied. Enter the code in the box provided, and select “next.”
- Create an account password. Like you would when signing to any online account ensure that the password is difficult to guess and is not used for any other account. Utilize a mixture of numbers, letters, as well as special characters that make the password distinctive and difficult to guess.
- Create your profile. After you’ve completed the essentials required information, you’ll be asked to complete your profile. The following components are required for a professional Twitter profile:
- Upload a profile image. It’s usually the company’s logo, as well, in the case of setting up an account on your own for use for business you can upload a professional picture of you. Upload the photo (approximately 400×400 pixels) and alter it as needed.
- Create a biography. Your business’s story should be concisely described within this 160-character area. It is possible to use some hashtags relevant for your business.
- Choose your areas of interest. After that, you’ll be asked to choose some specific areas of interest so that Twitter will recommend similar users to follow. It’s possible to skip this step but it’s beneficial to choose subjects that relate to your company. For example, if , for instance, you have set up a business Twitter account for a home improvement business, you might choose “home improvement” or “interior design” as areas of interest.
- Select the people you want you want to follow from the suggestions. Then you’ll get an array of famous accounts that Twitter suggests that you follow. It’s possible to bypass this step if already know the accounts you’d like to be following, though wish to start being a follower of other accounts. If you decide to follow one of Twitter’s suggestions, make sure you choose those that are related to your business and not the ones you’re personally interested in following that aren’t related to your business or industry.
- Let Twitter that you wish to be notified. You can turn off notifications for the moment, since this is the most efficient way to be able to respond quickly to people as your Twitter following increases.
- Upload your cover photo as well as other details about your business. There are a few other things to fill in before you can complete your profile.
- Create a cover image. Upload an image or a custom image that represents the company. It could be a unique illustration or photograph including your tagline, other images that are branded. The suggested dimensions for the image are 1500 by 500 pixels.
- Include your website and location. Click “edit profile” on your main profile page. You can then provide the information. In the field for location If your business operates multiple branch offices, choose the location of your headquarters.
The main takeaway is that you can make a profile for your business on Twitter with just a few steps. You’ll need to add your company’s basic details and then add character and information to your profile.
How do you apply Twitter to be a benefit to your company
Social media can be beneficial for companies of all sizes. It is a multi-dimensional platform that helps spread your message. As an owner of a business, you need to think carefully about the ways Twitter can fit in your overall social media marketing strategy.
Here are some suggestions about how to utilize Twitter to promote your company.
Make use of hashtags.
Hashtags are searchable words or phrases that group many hundreds (or thousand) of tweets. They’re a fantastic way to increase the reach of your content outside of the followers you have. There are a variety of popular hashtags that the majority of active Twitter people are already familiar with such as #FollowFriday as well as #ThrowbackThursday.
Many companies take advantage of popular topics to join the conversation, or to promote their products. You can also develop your own hashtags that bring attention to your brand or any events you’re holding.
Use hashtags that relate to the content you’re posting. For instance, if, for example, you tweet about starting your own company, you could make use of for example #entrepreneurship. It is also important to limit the number of hashtags that you employ. The more hashtags you have the less likely you will engage with your contentsince they’ll see your posts as spam-like.
Take a look at the trending box each day. It’s located on the left side of your timeline when you’re on a desktop or the search tab within the Twitter application The trending box may offer ideas for what you can communicate to your followers. Make sure that you’re sharing something that’s relevant to your business and you include the most popular hashtag or phrase within your Tweet.
Manage issues through direct messages.
Direct messaging has changed in recent years, and is now a major tool for businesses. It’s a crucial tool to help you solve your customer’s issues and addressing their concerns and how you communicate with them is vital.
It’s a good idea to address specific customer complaints and issues by DMs because of a couple of reasons. First, you don’t want other customers to notice the issue and be less enthused about your business. Additionally, there’s no limit on the number of characters in DMs and this lets you assist customers effectively.
In default, only the people whom you follow can send DMs. You can set the Twitter profile to get messages sent by any user however, making it much easier for your users to reach you. Simply visit Privacy Settings and turn on “receive direct messages from anyone.”
Utilize images, GIFs and polls.
Twitter lets you add up to four photos in your tweet. It also allows you to create graphics that you can add to tweets. Aren’t an Photoshop master? There are a variety of online tools to help you design the image you want.
Utilizing photos as well as GIFs within your Tweets can be a fantastic method of connecting with your followers. Twitter includes an built-in GIF keyboard. You just look up a keyword and then select the image that is most appropriate for your tweet.
Interacting with followers via Twitter is essential to keep customers engaged with your brand. One great way to get involved with those who follow you is to design polls using these easy steps:
- Simply click on the “compose” box at the top of your timeline for your home.
- Simply click on the “add poll” icon that is shaped like an horizontal graph.
- Input your question in the primary “compose” box.
- Input your first response to the poll choice to choice 1 as well as the following one to choose 2. You are able to list as many as four answers in your poll. Each answer can be as long as 25 characters.
The poll is up for 24 hours as a default, however, you may reduce the duration if you prefer.
Do live tweets.
Live tweeting is a different option to get a subject becoming popular on Twitter. It is the process of tweeting reactions to an event in real time regardless of whether it’s the latest news or entertainment.
Live tweeting is most often associated during telecasts of TV shows or events. It’s not unusual during events like such to see the news box stuffed with topics related to the event. For instance, at the Oscars you could notice the official hashtag for the awards show as well as the names of stars and films that recently been awarded major awards.
If you’re throwing an event and you want participants follow the event live on Twitter it, it’s a great idea to develop your very own event hashtag. Share the hashtag with your guests to spread it and join in.
If you’re live tweeting, as well as using multiple tweets on the same subject, make them replies to the first tweet. This allows people to keep track of the complete conversation.
Host and take part on Twitter chats.
Another option to engage your followers or create an idea of what is popular is to host Twitter chats with a subject that is related to your business or area of expertise. Twitter chats are easy to host however, they need an active and large following to be effective.
A Twitter chat occurs when a group of Twitter users debate a certain subject simultaneously, using a common hashtag.
Usually, a Twitter user hosts an online chat at a certain time, with pre-planned questions and discussions points. The host tweets out the questions, usually labeled “Q1” (or whatever number the question has) and the participants respond by tweeting “A1” and their thoughts.
Twitter chats typically last around an hour. They’re a great way to demonstrate how you’re active on social media, and also to interact with your followers (and their followers).
Engage with customers and influencers.
It is crucial to engage with the appropriate individuals on Twitter. It’s always beneficial to communicate with your clients to keep them satisfied as well as with potential customers to let them know about your company. You might also wish to target other people including influencers or journalists whose expertise are pertinent to your brand and a simple method of doing this is through Twitter lists.
“[Take] advantage of the Twitter list function to create groups of journalists who are friendly to your cause or potential customers, influencers, [and] industry-specific trade show attendees,” explained Jason Myers, senior account executive at The Content Factory. “You can then filter out the noise of random follower tweets and target your engagement to those folks who are more likely to help you reach your social media marketing objectives.”
Advertise on Twitter.
Twitter is completely free to use, however should you wish to charge a fee to increase traffic to your Twitter account site there are plenty of advertising choices.
- Promoted Tweets: The advertisements are similar to regular tweets, with the exception that they’re labeled “promoted” at the bottom and are displayed in the normal Twitter feeds of people who may not have followed you previously. Promoted Tweets can be a great way to boost engagement and extend the reach of your message to larger range of people outside of your following base.
- Promoted Accounts: Promoted accounts are designed to assist companies become more visible and increase the number of followers. They are featured in a variety of places on Twitter and include within the “who to follow” box on the homepage of a user and on the home Twitter feed, and even in search results. The ads for your Promoted Account target Twitter users with interests that are related to your company, and so you could get followers who engaged on your blog posts. The ads are marked “promoted” just like Promoted Tweets, so that users can differentiate them from other posts on their feeds.
- Promoted Trends: These topics are on the first page of list of topics that are trending in the box for trends on Twitter. They’re also clearly marked in the form of “promoted,” but otherwise they appear exactly similar to other topics that are trending, and users are able to use them to interact in similar ways. Although Promoted Twitters and promoted accounts focus on particular users They are also accessible to all users during their promotional period as well as in the Twitter mobile application. Promoted Trends are an excellent method to make people talk about your business using specific hashtags.
Alongside these alternatives, Twitter has a host of tools for marketing that can assist you in improving your campaigns.
- Twitter Amplify: Amplify allows you to share live television (for instance, videos of highlights from sports) which you can incorporate with your sponsors or brand. This will allow you to get more followers than your current followers by sending relevant content to specific audiences.
- Promoted Video: Although Amplify allows you to share television shows and other broadcasts Promoted Video opens possibilities that are even more extensive and lets you use any type of video and consequently be more imaginative with your marketing campaigns. In contrast to YouTube videos embedded on YouTube Promoted Videos are hosted by Twitter and is available only as a paid-for marketing tool.
- Promotion of mobile apps: If you’re a brand that have launched an app whether it’s the foundation of your business or complement to your product This is the device you need. This feature allows you to target your target customers using mobile devices to increase downloads of your app. You can make a customized picture and description of the app to advertise and target users based on location and gender, as well as language and the mobile platform. For instance, if your app is only available on iOS devices it is possible to choose to target users who are logged into Twitter through the devices. It also comes with an innovative measurement system which lets you see the impact of your campaign on the number of app downloads, purchases and registrations.
Important takeaway: To improve your chance of being successful on Twitter think about creating and using hashtags, posting GIFs as well as other images making polls, addressing problems with customers privately via DM or perhaps purchasing advertising to expand the reach of your account.
Accounts verified on Twitter
A blue checkmark on the display name of a user signifies an authentic account. This indicates that the social media thinks that the user is an influential brand or person, and also confirms that the authenticity of the person they claim to be.
According to the website the account can be verified in the event that Twitter finds it to be of public importance. This typically is the case for accounts of celebrities performing, acting fashion, government and politics, religion and media as well as sports, business, and other fields of public attention.
A verified Twitter user may be denied verification if they alter their handle or block the tweets they post (i.e. making their tweets only visible for their friends). In such instances, Twitter will automatically review the user’s account to determine if that it is still valid for verification. Think about this when you choose to change your brand name.
In November of 2017, Twitter suspended its verification process. Many users thought it was an endorsement from Twitter and criticised its social network for confirming accounts of people who are controversial. In December 2020, Twitter announced that it would be bringing back verification procedure.
The key takeaway is that the blue checkmark confirms to Twitter users that a profile is genuine and belongs to an famous company or public figure. After being suspended in 2017, the verification program is back The verification program will be returning in 2021.
Tips and tricks for Twitter
Alongside the most effective practices and strategies described above, you must adhere to these guidelines to make the most of your experience on Twitter.
Don’t buy followers.
You can buy followers from certain companies to increase your followers. While it’s tempting to appear as if there are more people following you than actually you do but it’s not worth it. The followers you gain aren’t real , and they won’t be interacting with your brand, which means they’re not worth the effort and can make you look bad in the event that you’re discovered.
It is worth noting that the Twitter smartphone app extremely compatible with its platform on the web and it is easy to switch from twittering from your PC to tweeting from your tablet or smartphone is nearly seamless.
Embed tweets onto your blog.
If you’ve got a lively blog on your website You can incorporate tweets on it to show any entertaining content you’ve shared or any comments you received from your loyal customers. This is an excellent way to integrate your social media accounts onto your site.
In order to embed tweets visit the Twitter you would like to share, then click the “more” tab in the upper right-hand corner. An option menu with drop-downs will pop up and you can select “embed tweet,” and it will direct you to a separate page that contains the proper HTML code. From there, simply paste the code exactly where you’d like the code to be displayed.